Games of Addie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Games of Addie

Infos, signs-up and more!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Dark Prince : Quick Presentation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aveyond06
The Dark Mage
The Dark Mage
Aveyond06

Female Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-07-27

The Dark Prince : Quick Presentation Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Prince : Quick Presentation   The Dark Prince : Quick Presentation Icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar - 7:43

THE DARK PRINCE
1/ Overwiew
The game sets place 30 years after Aveyond, in a war world. The Kingdom of Veldt, is fighting against Sedona. They have just hired Lokadia, in order to find – and destroy – a girl, whose power is so huge that it can destroy the Wall, a massive war building being the last hope of Naya – and Sedona. Will Lucy, daughter of Rhen, be able to face the enemy and to save her homeland?
2/ Characters
There are so many characters in the game, than describing them all is quite useless. The main character, which HAS to be into the party, is Lucy. A crafty teen (she’s only 18 years old) able to heal 50 people around. She is usually very clever, and is quite in a romance with Joe. Some other characters are Mylèna, the witch. Useful agaist Holy creatures, she is the older of the 3 sisters. However at some point she may even loose her mind, will Lucy be able to save her, while saving the world? Joe and Addie are the general of the “Lost Troops”. Joe is very defensive, but his Astral attacks are just amazing. A character to have for fighting. Addie, the last Dragon Lord to have joined, has strong Fire abilities and can ride dragons – not northerners one as he’s opposed to everything related to Noobs, who are at this time quite weak. Other characters are, for the really useful one, Reaca (ability to ride Northerner Dragons), Meredith (fighting mages), Witchy (healing), Tiniponi (puzzle solving, Chocobos) and Camilla (strong Fire abilities). Other characters may be needed though as they often offer access to areas unreachable by any other mean.

3/ Spells and Elements
Religion is the base of Magic. Basically, the Gods of Elements are unreachable fiends who are the best in their elements. Druids are people who keeps their Relic or Attribute alive. Their chief is the Dreamer, Talia.
The Element order is :
FIRE owns ICE owns EARTH owns WIND owns LIGHTNING owns WATER owns FIRE.
HOLY owns DARK owns HOLY
DREAM owns ASTRAL owns WAVE owns DREAM
No element from one ‘Circle’ can fully own another element from another ‘Circle’; however a great, massive FIRE spell can own even some weak WATER-based foes (really, fully weak.)
Some creatures may have only one weak point, but a spell whose level is really higher can make them faint, even if this spell doesn’t affect a weak point.
An element-based attack can heal another foe if they have the same element base as the attack.
Combos are often stronger but need more mana.
4/ Geography
The Dark Prince : Quick Presentation Northernlands
In the Dark Prince, only the Aristha Isles (tiny isles with yellow or pink towns) are available. Note that this map is from the Dark Prince II, consequently the Kingdom of Veldt doesn’t appear. Also note that this map, originally common to Ahriman’s Prophecy (Isle of Thais) and Aveyond I (Eastern Aristhan Isles, basically the yellow towns), is based on a specific ending of the game, while Aveyond II may be based on another ending. However as this game is still under early devloppement it’s impossible to tell whether it is based on the parallels worlds of Aristha (there are 16 Worlds, actually 16 copies of the world, on which history isn’t the same at all : World “1” is Ahriman’s lair; Rhen married Lars on world “2”, etc.) or on the 2nd ending of the Dark Prince. One sure thing : it isn’t on this world map…
5/ Endings
There are several endings in the game, in case you do some quests. Some may look optional but they may change the ending so much that it could even change the winner of the war. Of course Ending One of the game refers to the beginning of another Parallel World being Ending Two while this Ending Two refers Ending One as a new world, and so on.

6/ Other games based on Aveyond/Amaranthia
As of now there are a few games settling place on this world.
Days of Amaranthia : Mystery of Dreadfort by Haggie sets place in Spamland. Compatibility with the Dark Prince : 100%
Compatibility with Aveyond I or II : Unknown as it doesn’t refer to Aveyond.
Amaranthian War : The Game by Dis4ress and Phoenixgirl is much a parody of the forum than a epic game. As it features only some “noobs” of the forum, this game isn’t to be included at all in the whole storyline. It may look like the forum better;
so if you wish to see Amaranthia though the eyes of those weird girls you may like it.
The Dark Prince II by Aveyond06 is the sequel to the Dark Prince, following Ending Two of the game. After some wandering into deep space they have a huge problem and have to go back to the past.
Compatibility with the Dark Prince : 90% (some things changed)
Compatibility with Aveyond I : Unknown
Compatibility with Aveyond II : 100% as it will not refer the events, just the “Vale”
Ahriman’s Prophecy by Amaranth is the really first game of the Aveyond serie. You embody Talia and her quest to stop an evil demon…
Aveyond I by Amaranth is THE heading game. It is classed by some sites as the 1st best RPG (Indie RPG) and it’s even the 1st game for sound for GameTunnel! It features real music, with real instruments! It’s the story of Rhen, a slave who’s found to be Gifted by Sword Singing, and her quest to kill the demon from Ahriman’s Prophecy, who hasn’t been stopped.

Aveyond II by Amaranth is still in devlopping, but it goes well. Ean is the only one in the Vale to have his mind, and has to stop the Snow Queen. Will he save his folks? Released late 2007.

7/ Dragon Lord Team
The Dragon Lord Team is mostly made of…Dragon Lords okay.
Here are the credits to the team.

Game Devlopper : Aveyond06
Game Devlopper : Lullaby (until version 1.5)
‘Advisor’ : Astral_Sorecer
Level Maker : Aveyond06
Beta-testers : Astral_Sorecer; Whisperingmist; Tiniponi
8/ Links
www.amaranthia.com : Ahriman’s Prophecy and Aveyond main site.
www.freewebs.com/the_dark_prince : The Dark Prince’s website, currently disabled for maintenance.
www.freewebs.com/kingsfield : Kings’ website, lot of goodies for Aveyond
www.rpg-maker.fr (French) : The forum which provided me good resources and ideas. Good games to be found there, including English ones.
9/ The End
I hope this (short) guild has been helping you discovering the Dark Prince’s very basic mainlines. This game is mainly made for the older members of Amaranthia, who are fleeing from Noobs, and whose departure has made the forum really bad! Also, it has been made to thank Lullaby, who’s close family links with me; and also to Witchcraft, the really first one to support me on Amaranthia.
To contact me, only one adress : aveyond06@gmail.com!
Noobs threatening messages will be deleted however, it has reached a critical point as I’m even forced to write this here!

Written by Aveyond06
Back to top Go down
http://addie-games.virtuaboard.com

The Dark Prince : Quick Presentation
Page 1 of 1